Piers Morgan grills Edward Argar on quarantine hotel figures
Piers Morgan, 56, has a list of celebrities that are “banned” from appearing on Life Stories, which includes Hugh Grant and Madonna. But he also took aim at Steve Coogan, telling him to stop “begging” to go on the hit ITV show.
Steve Coogan – stop calling, stop begging, it’s never going to happen
In a recent interview, Piers directed his attention to the Alan Partridge actor, making sure he knew that his wishes to discuss his career and life with the host in front of an audience will never come true.
“Steve Coogan – stop calling, stop begging, it’s never going to happen,” he snapped.
It comes after he blasted Coogan last year, after he reportedly furloughed his house staff during the first lockdown.
The Good Morning Britain host heavily criticised the 54-year-old after it was reported that he used the government funded scheme to pay his gardener and housekeeper.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
According to The Sun, Coogan left the taxpayer to cover 80 percent of his house staff’s wages at his £4million country mansion.
The presenter addressed the situation on the flagship morning show and branded the “worse than Victoria Beckham”, who was also accused of furloughing her staff.
Piers said: “He’s the great man of the people, the man who said, ‘I don’t get anything for free, I pay for everything’, yet he’s furloughing the gardener and housekeeper. Two people he’s furloughing.”
The star then fumed: “This is stinking hypocrisy from Coogan.”
However, Coogan spoke out against the reports in a statement to the publication, saying: “This non-story has more to do with my legal actions against the publishers of The Sun and campaign for press reform than anything else.”
Piers read the actor’s comments on GMB and continued: “I think what we need is Steve Coogan reform.
“And to instil in him what being a good socialist boy actually means.”
The ITV star also turned his attention to former Britain’s Got Talent co-star David Walliams, in his interview with The Sun’s TV Magazine.
Mary Berry explains ‘funny’ hand: ‘People think I’ve got arthritis’ [HEALTH UPDATE]
Cole Sprouse: Riverdale star on Jennifer Aniston: ‘Quite difficult’ [TV NEWS]
Richard Hammond: The Grand Tour host on killing family pet [LATEST]
But it looks like the pair’s long-running feud is far from over.
“I don’t think David Walliams should be rushing to put his name forward,” Piers retorted.
“He won’t be appearing?”
It follows his refusal to return to the BGT judging panel after boss Simon Cowell, was forced to take a leave of absence after breaking his back.
Piers appeared on the talent series when the show first aired in 2007 but after four years on the judging panel, he left the series in 2011.
While talking to The Sunday Mirror last year, Piers spoke of how he would be open to returning if current judge Walliams no longer worked on the show.
He explained: “I do have conversations with BGT every now and again, particularly after Simon had his injury.
“But I couldn’t work with Walliams. I think he is a duplicitous, treacherous, piece of work.
“He is one of those people who says one thing to your face and then sticks it to you behind your back.”
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays from 6am and Life Stories continues Thursday at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article