Holly Willoughby and This Morning guest Camilla Tominey had a tense exchange over Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s upcoming bombshell Netflix documentary.
The six-parter will show the Duke and Duchess of Sussex giving their side of the story, after exiting the royal family in 2020 and moving to the US to pursue media careers.
Ahead of the explosive programme’s premiere on Thursday, the global streamer has dropped two teaser trailers, with one seeing the couple promising to unveil ‘the full truth’ about ‘dirty’ media tactics.
Holly, 41, along with co-host Phillip Schofield, 60, discussed the teasers on Tuesday’s installment of the long-running daytime TV show with guests including Camilla.
Discussing the press’ intrusion in the couple’s lives, Camilla said: ‘Can anyone name a paparazzi shot that was taken covertly of [Meghan and Harry] in this country that was published in a national newspaper?’
The Wylde Moon founder jumps in and states that the media treatment of Meghan in the press was ‘quite different’ to that of Kate Middleton’s, with Camilla interrupting to disagree with the presenter.
Holly, who looks frustrated, explains she’s ‘trying to offer a different perspective’ to all the backlash surrounding the documentary, adding that Meghan, 41, isn’t here to defend herself.
But Camilla continues talking over Holly, continuously saying: ‘The truth of the matter is’ before going on to say there is ‘no market’ for royal paparazzi shots anymore.
Holly had earlier said that she ‘always tries to find some of positive in the documentary, labelling it ‘extraordinary.’
She added: ‘You can’t quite believe what you’re seeing and hearing.’
Meanwhile, Phillip questioned the use of the ‘apparently inaccurate shots’ after it emerged footage from Katie Price’s trial was used in the Meghan and Harry trailer.
However, Phillip challenged the perception they were ‘misleading’ as they seemed to be illustrating the couple’s experience of the press, asking if they were instead from a section in the documentary about ‘general media intrusion.’
Among those to have previously bashed the teaser was, unsurprisingly, Piers Morgan, who objected to his voice being used.
The beginning of the trailer shows her quick rise to popularity after it was announced that she and Harry were engaged, with Piers heard saying: ‘She’s becoming a royal rockstar’.
Piers, 57, has responded to the trailer, saying: ‘BREAKING: Princess Pinocchio & Prince Hypocrite use my voice to flog their ghastly new series. I’m traumatised by this exploitation.’
He has often criticised the royal couple, including after the first trailer for the documentary was released.
This Morning airs weekdays from 10am on ITV.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article