Nile Gardiner: Meghan Markle claims ‘extremely destructive’ to Britain
The Heritage Foundation director accuses duchess of spreading misinformation about the royal family.
A GoFundMe page set up to pay off the mortgage on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s $14.6 million California estate has gone bust — after raising a measly $110, a report says.
Anastasia Hanson, 56, of California told Britain’s the Sun that she started the fundraising effort because she seriously felt sorry for the multimillionaire royal couple — after Harry publicly whined to Oprah Winfrey about being financially cut off by Buckingham Palace.
“When they came to the USA, they were without jobs and with limited funds,” said Hanson, who lives about 25 minutes from the princely pair’s palatial estate in swanky Montecito.
“They’ve stated that they’ve had a very rough time, so this fundraiser is a way to give help, compassion, and love by paying their home loan in full.”
MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY'S NEIGHBORING HOME ON SALE FOR $22M: REPORT
In Markle and the prince’s bombshell TV sit-down last week, Harry defended their inking of a multitude of uber-lucrative media deals since leaving royal life, saying, “My family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford security for us.”
Hanson’s online bid to try to financially help the royals was started a few days ago — and shut down by Saturday after just three donations, the Sun said.
MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY'S INTERVIEW WITH OPRAH WINFREY: 6 BIGGEST BOMBSHELLS
Hanson kicked in $5, while “A Supporter” gave $100 and “Anonymous” bestowed $5 on the fund.
The page had read, “I am Anastasia Hanson of Ventura, California and I am raising funds to pay off the mortgage for the Montecito, California home of Harry and Meghan.