Regé-Jean Page’s ‘Bridgerton’ exit wasn’t a surprise to co-star

More On:

bridgerton

Kim Kardashian may get her own ‘Bridgerton’ corset

Shonda Rhimes addresses Regé-Jean Page’s ‘Bridgerton’ exit

Regé-Jean Page leaving ‘Bridgerton’ over ‘creative differences’

Hollywood obsesses over why Regé-Jean Page really left ‘Bridgerton’

Phoebe Dynevor might be the only person who wasn’t caught off guard by Regé-Jean Page quitting “Bridgerton” after only one season.

In a recent interview, the 26-year-old actress revealed that she knew in advance her on-screen husband, Page, would be announcing his departure from the hit Netflix series.

“I had a bit of a heads up, so I knew,” Dynevor explained on Variety’s “Awards Circuit” podcast on Thursday. The British actress went on to explain that the show doesn’t center around Page’s character, the Duke of Hastings, so it wouldn’t really have an affect on the storytelling.

“The show centers around the Bridgertons and there are eight books,” Dynevor said. “I think maybe the fans of the books were more aware of that happening than the fans of the show.”

She added that she is looking forward to getting back on set, saying, “Obviously it’s sad to see [Regé-Jean] go, but I’m looking forward to being reunited with my family.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNK71Dxjer8/

“Bridgerton” confirmed that Page would not be returning for a second season on Instagram in April. The actor also shared the news on his personal account, adding that the experience had been an “absolute pleasure and privilege.”

Though the actor claimed the split was amicable, sources later told Page Six that creative differences were a big factor in Page’s exit.

“He wasn’t happy with what was planned for his character for Season 2, which would have kept him a player but not the focal point of the show,” a source revealed to Page Six, adding that the series’ breakout star was now “inundated with offers” for other roles.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article