The RnB crooner, who was supposed to perform at ‘One Night Only Benefit Concert’, reportedly backed out of the gig because Bryson Tiller was removed from the line-up.
AceShowbiz –Chris Brown has responded to allegations about him canceling a Houston benefit concert at last minute. Having been slammed by event organizer LeJuan Bailey for bailing on the March 19 show, the singer finally set the record straight.
Sources close to Chris told TMZ that his legal team allegedly sent an email to event organizers on March 17, noting that he didn’t want to perform because Bryson Tiller was removed from the line-up. Bryson’s removal reportedly violated a clause in the contract.
The insiders went on to note that both Chris and organizers “have been in negotiations to settle” the issue. It was unveiled that the “No Air” crooner offered to make a 6-figure donation to a Houston-based charity, but no agreement has been made yet.
LeJuan previously claimed in court documents that she and her company DML Real Estate Investors and Construction booked the R&B singer to perform at her “One Night Only Benefit Concert” to raise money for Houston and Louisiana residents whose homes were damaged by Hurricane Ida and Nicholas in 2021. She claimed she paid $1.1 million for Chris’ fee, accommodations and private plane requests, but he didn’t refund it despite not showing up.
“I acted in good faith and sponsored this concert out of love and respect for residents in need,” LeJuan said. “I am appalled that Chris Brown refuses to refund my money for a show he did not appear to after we announced our show and sold tickets.”
“At this point, it is my humble belief that Chris Brown’s actions are parallel to pure theft,” she continued. “He has the unmitigated gall to take my money, stand up the residents of Houston, then return to the city to perform on August 17, 2022. My message to Chris Brown: We will not sit back and allow you to disrespect the victims of Hurricane Ida and Nicholas in need.”
Source: Read Full Article