Bachelor execs slam 'severe bullying' towards Rachel Lindsay as 'inexcusable' after Bachelorette forced off Instagram

BACHELOR producers slammed the “severe online bullying” Rachel Lindsay received as “inexcusable” after she was forced off Instagram. 

Following weeks of outrage over the show’s ongoing racism scandal that has host Chris Harrison and contestant Rachael Kirkconnell at the center, production has broken their silence. 

🌹 Follow all the latest news and stories on The Bachelor


Execs made it clear on their Bachelor Nation account that the hate given towards the former Bachelorette due to her interview with Chris about race is “unacceptable.”

"As Executive Producers of The Bachelor Franchise we would like to make it perfectly clear that any harassment directed towards Rachel Lindsay in the aftermath of her interview with Chris Harrison is completely inexcusable,” the statement read.

They continued, "Rachel has received an unimaginable amount of hate and has been subjected to severe online bullying, which, more often than not, has been rooted in racism. 

“That is totally unacceptable. Rachel has been an incredible advocate for our cast, and we are grateful that she has worked tirelessly toward racial equity and inclusion." 

Last month, Rachel had asked host Chris what he thought about the controversy surrounding Rachael Kirkconnell's Antebellum plantation-themed party and he made a series of controversial comments that landed him in hot water.



After weeks of Rachel speaking out against both Chris and Rachael for perpetuating historical racism, the first black Bachelorette was forced to leave Instagram after trolls made her life on social media impossible. 

Rachel L has gotten involved in the messy controversy where Chris found himself out as Bachelor Nation host after he defended Rachael K going to a problematic party.

After the problematic pictures of Rachael surfaced, Chris told Rachel L during an interview: "We all need to have a little grace, a little understanding, a little compassion. 

“Because I've seen some stuff online… again, this 'judge, jury, executioner' thing where people are just tearing this girl's life apart.”

During the 16-minute chat, Chris also continued to speak over Rachel and claimed the racism problems were “okay” in 2018 but “not in 2021” – while adding he’s “not the woke police.”


However, although many fans defended Chris, many called for his firing for the offensive behavior. 

With the 49-year-old’s position on the chopping block as backlash rages on for his comments, a source says it’s a matter of “when, not if” Chris will get the boot. 

The insider exclusively told The Sun: “It's only a matter of time before an announcement is made that Chris isn't returning. 

“At this point it's not if, it's when. There are still talks of keeping him as an executive producer.

“But unless Chris somehow turns this around, his role on-camera is done.”


On Saturday, former NFL star Emmanuel Acho announced he’s accepted ABC’s rose and will be hosting Matt James’ post-finale spinoff next month. 

He broke the news on Twitter, writing: “IT’S OFFICIAL: I’ve accepted the Rose & am honored to be hosting The Bachelor After the Final Rose this year. 

“It’s been a pivotal season & this episode will be one of the most storied shows in its history. Empathy is needed and change is coming. See y’all then!”

In a separate tweet, he called his new gig "life changing," while adding he "can’t wait!”

The retired Philadelphia Eagles linebacker kept to the theme of the show as he held up a rose for his first hosting shot.

Source: Read Full Article