DAVID Tennant will return to Doctor Who for a brand new series of standalone adventures.
The acclaimed British actor remains a fan favourite among the ever-changing line-up of Time Lords, so it's no surprise he was invited back to the Tardis for spin-off series Dalek Universe.
The audio drama will consist of nine hour-long episodes in the era before the last great Time War.
As the name would suggest, the dastardly Daleks will be The Doctor's main opponent, but he'll also face off against Davros, the Mechonoids and the Movellans.
Tennant told Radio Times that he was thrilled to be returning to the franchise.
"It’s a big old epic sweep. It reminds me a little bit of those Flash Gordon serials that used to be on the TV during the school holidays when I was a kid," he said.
Referencing the episode format, he added: "Each story has its own self-contained world, but the whole thing has an over-arching momentum.
"I’ve really enjoyed how varied it is, all within this one story, and the variety of worlds that we go to and environments that we’re in."
He concluded: "As we go through this space opera, to have all these characters brought so clearly to life by a whole range of wonderful actors, it’s been a treat."
The project is a far cry from Tennant's latest TV role in crime drama Des.
The ITV miniseries is based on real life serial killer Dennis Nilsen and has made a strong impression on viewers.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Many were sickened as Dennis defended necrophilia as ‘neither here nor there.’
Meanwhile others were distracted by his chain-smoking – moaning they were left 'short of breath' from the constant haze, even through the screen.
Des concludes tonight on ITV at 9pm.
Doctor Who is available to stream on BBC iPlayer.
Source: Read Full Article