ITV Im a Celeb viewing figures drop by 3 million after Storm Arwen cancellations

ITV Im a Celeb viewing figures drop by 3 million after Storm Arwen cancellations

The viewing figures for I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! have dropped by a whopping 3 million compared to previous seasons.

After the ITV show's three day cancellation due to the trail of disruption left behind by Storm Arwen, the long-running show returned on Tuesday night with an average overnight rating of 5.4million.

The numbers are a massive drop from the average 8.4million viewers that have tuned in daily to watch the reality show in previous years.

Despite the campmates making their triumphant return to Gwrych Castle on Tuesday following their evacuation last week, the numbers could not top Friday's average of 6.37 viewers.


Many disasters have plagued this series, including the havoc the storm wreaked and early favourite Richard Madeley being forced to exit just days after the show premiered.

However, while Tuesday night's numbers were disappointing for I'm A Celebrity, the show was the most-watched show out of all the channels in its time slot.

A representative told MailOnline that fans watching on ITV catch-up may impact viewing figures.

They said: "The launch audience for I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! has so far risen to a peak of 11.3 million viewers, according to the latest available consolidated data.

"This represents a 2.3 million increase since the overnight peak audience, when catch up viewing so far is taken into account, showing that viewers are also catching at their own convenience after the main broadcast."

In comparison to this year's figures, 2018's I'm A Celeb attracted a massive 12.14 million viewers as Harry Redknapp was crowned King of the Jungle.

An early season success story was back in 2004 when Kerry Katona won, and Katie Price and Peter Andre fell for each other.

Meanwhile, this season has seen its fair share of dramas with Naughty Boy's constant threats to quit, and Richard being forced to exit the show.

I'm A Celebrity returned to TV screens on Tuesday (30 November) after Gwrych Castle was hit by Storm Arwen, resulting in "technical issues" and the contestants being removed from the camp.

Ant and Dec revealed on Wednesday that contestants tried to smuggle boiled sweets, apples and even fake tan back into the camp.

I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! continues to air at 9pm on ITV and ITV Hub every night. For more I'm A Celebrity updates, sign up for OK! 's daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post Kourtney Kardashian slammed for letting her daughter Penelope, 9, have long fake nails in new TikTok
Next post I’m A Celebrity in chaos as plane flies over the castle with huge banner saying ‘Danny Miller to win’
Lifestyle