Simon Cowell failed to tell best pal Sinitta he'd cancelled The X Factor – despite promising to make her a judge on show

Simon Cowell failed to tell best pal Sinitta he'd cancelled The X Factor – despite promising to make her a judge on show

SIMON Cowell failed to tell his best pal Sinitta he had cancelled The X Factor – despite promising to finally make her a judge on the show.

The singer, 57, opened up about the ITV singing competition's end while appearing on Loose Women on Thursday.


Sinitta – who has appeared on The X Factor multiple times – revealed Simon didn't tell her the show was cancelled despite going on a walk with a week beforehand.

She told the panel: "Do you know what? I didn't really find out and it's really naughty actually.

"I'm glad you brought this up. Because we went for a walk before he went to do America's Got Talent.

"And he was talking about all the changes and the new things he's doing and I assumed it was what he was going to do to X Factor.

"Because remember I was still on this promise that I'm going to be a judge on X Factor. Obviously now that's not going to happen. So he was telling me about all this new stuff and how it's exciting, can't wait to tell you.

"Then he jumped on a plane and took off and I found with everybody else."

Simon announced The X Factor was cancelled last month after 17 years on air.

The ITV juggernaut excited us with a string of talented newcomers — many now established stars of pop and TV.

It last aired in 2018 and is now being shelved by Simon Cowell for at least five years.

But sources close to the 61-year-old music mogul believe The X Factor is “unlikely” to return to UK screens.

A representative for ITV confirmed: "There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage."

Simon will now focus on a new big-money gameshow called Walk The Line.

A show insider said of X Factor: “Globally, it is still a phenomenon and rakes in millions every year. But in the UK, there is no question it has become slightly stale.

“Simon remains at the top of his game and knows how to make a hit. He owns the rights to the show, and it’s his call — not ITV’s — whether or not he drops it.

“Clearly the last thing he wants is for X Factor to fizzle out with a whimper and become a bit of a joke — especially in contrast to the show in its pomp.#

“It is still on the back-burner and there’s the option to return it in 2023, with auditions next summer, but a lot will ride on his new format Walk The Line.”

    Source: Read Full Article

    Previous post 'RHONY' Friend Says Cast and Show Future Rumors Are 'BS' (Exclusive)
    Next post Your redundancy rights when furlough ends next month explained
    Lifestyle