It's safe to say that Christmas is creeping up around the corner and we're all excited.
And during the festivities, we're sure many Brits will be tucking into mountains of pigs in blankets. Now Aldi is treating customers in the best way possible.
The German supermarket is expected to sell a staggering 43million bacon-wrapped sausages this year. Since they're popular, the chain is going to open a restaurant just for it.
READ MORE: Join the Daily Star's WhatsApp for the sexiest headlines, showbiz gossip and lots more
You can read more lifestyle stories from Daily Star here.
Aldi is expected to open the restaurant this month to offer "bottomless" pigs in blankets for its diners. Yes, you heard that right…
It comes as YouGov shows the Christmas pork treat is the 10th most famous British dish. Not to mention, Brits are expected to consume 423m pigs in blankets on Christmas Day alone.
The eatery is inspired by the swanky Soho establishment Bob Bob Ricard known for its "press for champagne" button. Aldi's restaurant though will have a "press for PIB" button instead.
While it's not as luxurious as champagne, who's going to say no to a button for pigs in blankets, eh? The temporary restaurant is located in Camden Passage, Islington.
But there's just one catch, it's only open for lunch and dinner sittings on November 24 and 25. Tickets are only £5 per person which is pretty reasonable.
Join the Daily Star's WhatsApp for the sexiest headlines, showbiz gossip and lots more
The Daily Star is now on WhatsApp and we want you to join us!
Through the app, we'll send you the sassiest showbiz stories, some naught headline and a seismic smattering of aliens…along with the latest breaking news of course.
To join our community, all you have to do to join is click on this link, select 'Join Chat' and you're in!
No one will be able to see who has sign up and no one can send messages except for the Daily Star team. We also treat our community members to competitions, special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners.
If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose Exit group. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
On the menu is brie and cranberry "candy cane" pigs in blankets, as well as others made with chipolatas and caramelised onions, and a "butcher's select" variety.
There's even pigs in blankets-flavoured crisps and a vegan alternative with plenty of prosecco to go alongside it. We guess Christmas came early this year…
Aldi restaurant's full menu:
- Specially Selected Pigs in Blankets (£2.39, 210g)
- Plant Menu Ultimate No Pigs in Blankets ( Vegan ) (£2.99, 228g)
- Specially Selected Caramelised Onion Chipolatas Wrapped in Bacon (£2.39, 247g)
- Specially Selected Brie & Cranberry Candy Cane Pig in Blankets (£2.99, 248g)
- Giant Yorkshire Pudding Pig in Blanket (£4.99, 380g)
- Specially Selected Festive Pigs in Blankets Wood Fired Sourdough Pizza (£3.99, 535g)
- Butchers Select Pigs in Blankets (£1.99, 222g)
- Specially Selected Pigs in Blanket Handcooked Crisps (£1.15, 150g)
- Specially Selected Lightly Sea Salted Handcooked Crisps (£1.15, 150g)
- Organic Prosecco (£7.99, 75cl)
- Costellore Zerozecco (£2.79, 75cl)
- Ridge Valley Italian Style Orange Soda (£2.49, 6x330ml)
- Ridge Valley Italian Style Lemon Soda (£2.49, 6x330ml)
- Vive Diet Cola (£1.65, 6x330ml)
Aldi's managing director of buying Julie Ashfield commented: "The pig-in-blanket has always been a popular Christmas trimming and our research really does show it to be a mighty festive staple for Brits across the nation.
"Launching a restaurant is a chance for Aldi fans to enjoy our biggest range yet."
Want all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
Source: Read Full Article